Thursday 11 January 2007

I'm a proper teacher!!

I'm in such a good mood today!! Nothing could possibly ruin it! I've just taken my second and third class and they went really well!
The first was English with the equivalent of yr6/7, we were going through an extract of 'The Call of the Wild'; the kids enjoyed it so much that they asked if they could make the single lesson a double lesson, and asked their art teacher if they could be excused! I promise I'm not making it up! And just in case you were wondering, no it wasn't because they could walk all over me! I kept good discipline!
The second was a physics class for yr8/9, as any one who knows me will attest I am not a physicist (I can barely spell it!) but I agreed to take the class because the teacher said I could teach anything I wanted. I chose 'How do planes fly?' (the very basics: weight, drag, thrust and lift). I explained the four forces and gave examples, drew diagrams ect... then we did the important part...making paper planes for a competition at the end of the lesson! It was great fun, Claire Love would have been proud of me! They cheered me at the end (no joke!) and I felt quite guilty that we might have been disturbing other classes. I just hope they realize I'm not going to be allowed to teach lessons like that all the time.

2 comments:

Bazmate said...

Hey clare!!!!!!!!!!! Just remembered ive got ur site thing so thought id hav a look see if uve written anything n u hav :D wow sounds like ur having an amazing time!!! Glad u got there ok n uve got a nice place to stay (except for the dead rat lolll) U sound like a great teacher too!!! haha i wudve loved paper areoplaine cant spell lol lessons!!! ummm anyway i will check ur site regularly n leave u random comments :) take care, loads of love sarah (reynolds) xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Fair play! i couldn't teach year 9 physics!