Monday 22 January 2007

You can call me Mrs Kumar!

I went to church as normal on Sunday morning, it's practically the same service as St.Nic's including most of the hymns but the sermons are so much longer!! At the end of the service I was talking to two of the girls from school when one of the men in the choir came up to me,
"I have a son, do you want to meet him?"
"Umm...ok?" -ah he knows I'm new and wants to help me make friends
"He lives in Dehli"
"OH?!?" - that's not a friend he's after!...I really hope he doesn't come down from Dehli to meet me!
(addressing the school girls I'm with) "She's nice, isn't she?"
The girls giggle that yes I am nice and then he asks how long I'm going to be in Bangalore, he looked very disappointed when I said only 3 months. Clearly 3 months isn't long enough for a wedding to be arranged! When he left the girls broke into hysterics, particulary after I told them I'd never met him before, and said that they wouldn't marry his son! If only I was in Bangalore for 6 months!

No comments: