Monday 15 January 2007

Pictures of my apartment

My mother has been pestering me ever since I arrived to put some photos on the blog, so here is the first installment! It was a holiday while I took them though, so I'll take some more of the lessons and playground when the girls are here.



As a quick preview though, this is the main playground, it's basically a huge sand pitt! It's surrounded by centuries old rain trees, probably called that because when their leaves fall down the sound they make as the are blown about on the ground is exactly like rain.





This is my living room, I'm not great at keeping it tidy!













My bedroom, appreciate the time I spent making it presentable for a photograph! It's a double bed so there's plenty of room to keep things on the edge I might need, ie books, insect repellent, biscuit tin...


My bathroom, it took two days to work out how to use the hot water!


















This is the kitchen I dont go in much! Not because of a dead rat because I no longer think there is one, and not because I had to kill two cochroaches the last time I went in there, but because all my cooking is done for me. Although I think I'm going to have to start doing a bit more myself, the canteen food is good but I CANNOT cope with curry for breakfast anymore - IT'S JUST PLAIN WRONG!!
This is the family of pigeons that live in my extractor fan or ventilation (I dont know what it's called!). They're all called Arnold.






The view from my balcony.
I suspect one of the people living in this building of playing loud club music between the hours of 10pm and 12pm - every night!!
In a way I don't mind, it reminds me of going out in England with friends, but there are times you dont want to hear "She's a maneater..." and those are the times you just want to sleep!

Pictures of the school, lessons ect will follow!

1 comment:

kathreenee said...

Wow, you're apartment looks very nice! especially the pigeons! But they aren't as good as my ducks I'm afraid! :p Glad to hear that you are still enjoying everything, keep having a good time! Lots of love kathryn xxxx